We are continuing to closely monitor the global spread of the recent coronavirus and are coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our local health department to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus.
Sunrise has nearly 20 years of experience caring for teenage girls and their families, and infection control is part of our everyday operations. Sunrise maintains a rigorous Infection Control and Prevention Program, which is regularly updated to reflect current CDC guidance. As the landscape of this current health situation has been changing rapidly, we have implemented several measures to help protect our employees, families and students:
- Cancellation of on-campus family weekend
- Postponing student home visits and on-campus visits until further notice
- Postponing business travel for all Sunrise employees until further notice
- Daily temperature checks of any staff or students who have traveled outside of Utah in the last 14 days
- Instructing team members to stay home if sick or experiencing virus symptoms, and asking team members to self-quarantine in cases of possible exposure to infectious illness
- Screening all visitors for possible illness and recent travel
- All new admits must pass a medical screening before admission
- Re-educating our team members and monitoring to ensure that community teams are following the standards in our evidence-based Infection Control and Prevention program, such as frequent hand washing and cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Preparing isolation and quarantine space should it be needed
Our team is working to maintain as much normalcy for our students and families despite this situation. School and therapy at Sunrise are continuing in a normal fashion. We want to thank our employees, families and students for their cooperation, understanding and words of support in recent days. We love your daughters and families and we are grateful for the trust you continue to place in us each day!
Brad Simpson DSW, LCSW